Find What You're Looking For:

Monday, June 6, 2016

DIY: Orange Scented Cleaner


Soak orange peels in vinegar for two weeks in a sealed mason jar then pour the vinegar into a spray bottle. Use as a non-toxic and yummy smelling "green" cleaner.:

Soak orange peels in vinegar for two weeks in a sealed mason jar then pour the vinegar into a spray bottle. Use as a non-toxic and yummy smelling "green" cleaner.

My kids adore oranges.  But, what do you do with all those peels?  At first, I start freezing them to make my own orange peel zest.  Then I saw how to make my own orange scented vinegar cleaning spray.

Vinegar is my #1 cleaner.  It disinfects, reduces smells, mold, and removes calcium build-up. Here's a great site to browse for some great uses of vinegar: 1001 uses for vinegar.

But I honestly don’t love the smell.  Adding the orange peels to the vinegar is going to give it that wonderful citrus smell I love.

Talk about fresh smelling.  So, simple too.

Instructions:

Start to store your orange peels.  You can put in the freezer if  you like.  When you have enough, put them in a glass jar.  (Note, you add lemon peels too.)

Fill the jar up with White vinegar and let it sit for 2 weeks. 

After two weeks strain the liquid.  Discard the peels. 

Mix water with the vinegar in a ratio of 2:1.

Use and enjoy - Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment