Find What You're Looking For:

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Green-A-Colada Popsicles

Part green smoothie, part pina colada, these green-a- colada popsicles 
are the perfect (healthy) sweet treat! 

Green-A Colada Popsicles // One Lovely LifeGreen-A Colada Popsicles // One Lovely Life

My son has some texture issues when it comes to, well just about everything. But he does love smoothies and popsicles.  I freeze any leftover smoothie in popsicle molds, and I’ve found this is a perfect opportunity to help introduce him to new flavors and add in an extra dose or two of fruits & veggies into his day.

These have a delicious pineapple-coconut flavor. You really can’t taste the spinach. We froze this in popsicle molds, but it’s just as delicious as a smoothie. I pull these out of the freezer for a great, healthy snack or a guilt-free dessert. 

One tip: I don’t have a Vitamix, so to get my smoothies super-smooth, I blend the spinach alone with the liquid for a while until it’s really smooth. Then, I add the other fruits and any remaining liquid needed, and I find that it’s just perfect.

Feel free to use all coconut milk if you like. I just like the citrus-y undertone the orange juice provides. This also makes great smoothies. Just skip the popsicle mold step and drink it plain!

Serves: about 6, depending on your size popsicle molds

INGREDIENTS

  • 1½ cup frozen pineapple
  • 1½ cup frozen mango
  • 1 cup spinach leaves
  • ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk* (plus more, if needed)
  • ½ cup orange juice (plus more, if needed)


Green-A Colada Popsicles I One Lovely Life

INSTRUCTIONS

Place the spinach leaves and coconut milk in the blender. Blend, scraping down the sides as necessary, until no large pieces remain. Add pineapple and mango. Add orange juice and blend until very smooth, adding more coconut milk or orange juice as needed.

Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze 2-3 hours or until firm.

NOTES
*I use coconut milk in a carton (Silk PureCoconut Unsweetened). If you prefer, you can use canned coconut milk, which will be thicker. You are NOT looking for sweetened cream of coconut (i.e. Coco Lopez).


P.S. We used this popsicle mold for the photos. It’s the popsicle mold I use most often. I love that the lid holds the sticks in place so they don’t shift around after you shut the freezer door. Brilliant.

Source: One Lovely Life 


No comments:

Post a Comment